22 June 2016
740 Aztec West Cat A Office Refurbishment, Bristol
- Region: Bristol
- Client: Legal & General Investment Funds ICVC
- Value: £5,000,000
- Contract terms: JCT 2011 D&B with Amendments
- Contract length: 23 weeks
- Procurement: Design & Build
- Completed: April 2015
- Site features and challenges: Site located on a busy fully occupied business park impacting logistics
- BREEAM: Very Good
- Awards: British Council for Offices Award for Refurbishment
- Community: Local labour comprised 90% of people employed at this site
The Cat A works on this 4-storey building (3-storey offices plus 4th-storey plant room and deck) included the full refurbishment of the internal and external finishes together with replacement of mechanical, electrical and lift installations. The scheme comprised: replacement windows, doors and rainwater goods; reconfiguration of cores; removal and installation of new central staircase; construction of a 70m2 new glass atrium; new M&E installations; new lifts; new finishes throughout; and new incoming electrical supplies.
The refurbishment received an EPC rating of A, exceeding the requirement (B) and was the first project to attain the new 2014 BREEAM refurbishment rating, achieving Very Good.
Midas were delighted to receive the British Council for Offices Award for Refurbishment.