21 June 2016
Broadway House Holiday Park, Cheddar Woods
- Region: Somerset
- Client: Darwin (Broadway House) Ltd
- Value: £3,800,000
- Contract terms: JCT Intermediate Building Contract with Contractor's Design
- Contract length: 20 weeks
- Procurement: Traditional
- Completed: July 2013
- Site features and challenges: Live construction site shared with another contractor, overhead power line diversion
- Awards: CCS Performance Beyond Compliance, Cheddar Wood Holiday Park - David Bellamy Conservation Award Gold
On a fast track programme, Midas constructed two new steel-framed buildings on a newly-acquired holiday park in the Cheddar Valley. The leisure building had high quality requirements including bespoke curved fascia, white lias stone elevations, feature stone lintels, engineered wood cladding and over fifty internal finishing materials. Sustainable features encompassed in the development include a Sedum roof, a CHP plant and monodraught windcatcher units.
The leisure building offers a concrete structured internal swimming pool, restaurants and entertainment facilities, and an Eden Spa facility with gym, sauna and steam room. Midas’ relationships with materials suppliers were instrumental in managing to programme and allowing the facility to open on time.