01 August 2014
Skoda Dealership, Bridgwater
- Region: Somerset
- Value: £1,460,000
- Contract terms: JCT Design and Build 2011
- Contract length: 27 weeks
- Procurement: Design + Build
- Completed: August 2014
- Site features and challenges: Working on pilot design, changing design of retaining wall, infrastructure delays, site contamination
- Community: Over 80% of subcontractors were based within 40 miles of the site.
- Customer satisfaction: 89%
This project involved the construction of a new Skoda dealership featuring a pilot design to be used in all future dealership buildings throughout Europe. The brownfield site within a rural business area had neighbouring construction activity and live commercial premises. To help with existing delays, Midas absorbed the site infrastructure work. The dealership building featured a sales floor to the front, formed with stud partitions and glazed screens, and a garage/servicing area to the rear, formed with brickwork to improve durability. A smaller adjacent wet valet building was also constructed. External works included landscaping, a retaining wall and secure fencing.