21 September 2021
MV000487 – Tenant Liaison Officer
Location: South West (Exeter)
Sector: Mi-Space Property Services
Mi-Space Property Services are looking to appoint a Tenant Liaison Officer for planned maintenance works in the Exeter region. You will be based from an office in Exeter but will have to be able to travel to Devon very occasionally, dependant on where the work streams are.
Mi-space is part of the Midas Group of companies, specialising in affordable housing. We have offices and projects throughout the South West and South Wales regions. Our Property Services division specialises in planned maintenance and the refurbishment of affordable housing.
We are committed to improving and developing our people. We aim to be the employer of choice: recruiting, retraining and developing the best people in the industry. Working in close partnership with local supply chain partners and using local expertise and knowledge, each regional business offers a highly personalised service designed to suit the needs of each individual customer and project.
As a Tenant Liaison Officer you will be accountable for all aspects of communication with residents before and during improvement works. You will ideally be based in Exeter with the ability to travel within a 40 mile radium of this location. The hours for this role are 8:ooam to 5:00pm Monday to Friday with a 1 hour break for lunch.
Make initial contact with residents:
- Actively promote and explain the role of Mi-space.
- Build resident confidence to support the process.
- Create and promote a professional environment.
- Provide residents with refurbishment options and support.
- Handling of all complaints (verbal and formal).
Visit residents with sample options:
- Book appointments with residents for profiling and surveys.
- Visit with design teams.
- Take samples of relevant works and collate essential information (working patterns and health issues etc.)
- Issue relevant information and brochures with residents.
- Take and record and referrals to the client.
- Carry out and schedule pre-condition surveys as required.
Communicate with resident and client throughout the works and programme:
- Fully explain all aspects of improvement works.
- Carry out daily visits and calls to residents and properties
- Full liaison with site management to offer support.
- Collate, record and report on resident satisfaction surveys.
- Manage any caution lists and/or VIP properties.
- Collate property packs, certificates, drawings, reports, surveys for handover files and upload to internal databases.
Other duties include
- Maintaining positive relationships with client officers.
- Attending regular meetings on site and weekly team briefings.
- Administration, to include relevant record keeping and updating of systems.
- Support in maintaining a safe environment for site staff and residents.
- Train and support relevant staff where appropriate and as required.
- Offer support with elderly and vulnerable residents.
- Identify potential community projects in conjunction with CSR.
Promoting high performance, health & safety and quality standards across site
Proactive resolution of issues and prompt escalation where required
Effective and regular communication with residents, supply chain, colleagues, client and community
Effective planning and organisation
Works on own initiative but as part of a high performing team
Honesty and integrity
Qualifications & Experience
- Social housing experience preferred.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- IT Skills – MS, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work closely with external agencies/organisations.
- Some construction and trade knowledge a plus.
- Ability to travel throughout project area in an effective manner.
A full job description is available on request.
- Competitive basic salary
- All mileage claimable at 35ppm
- 25 days holiday per annum (This increases by one day for every two years worked up to a maximum of an additional five days. You also have the ability to buy/sell up to five days per annum)
- Private medical healthcare (AXA)
- Pension (5% matched)
- Life assurance (3 x annual salary)
- Mobile phone for business use
Midas Group Ltd is committed to equality of opportunity for all, and to removing barrier to equal opportunity. Midas Group Ltd fully recognises and accepts its responsibility to ensure that there is no discrimination on the grounds of a persons gender, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion and belief, age, disability or sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity.
All individuals will be treated solely on their merits as employees or applicants for employment.
Salary: £22000.00 – £22000.00 Per Annum
Closing date: 24/10/2021