23 August 2021
MV000484 – Senior Quantity Surveyor
Sector: MCL Devon & Cornwall
Midas Construction Devon and Cornwall are seeking to add senior commercial support to the region having picked up various contracts throughout the Devon region. We have a number of new build projects coming up in the region, between £8million and £25million and are looking to boost the commercial team in the region.
Since the 1970s, the Midas Group has been trusted to deliver a diverse range of projects, including refurbishments & fit outs, construction projects, interior & retail schemes as well as property development and energy solutions, across a variety of sectors.
Our vision ‘Leaders in Customer Service and Performance’, is achieved by staying in touch with what sets us apart: Our People, Our Partnerships and Our Performance. As a business, we are guided by four accountable behaviours, and commitment to our customers and each other:
- Positive relationships
- Delivery Excellence
- Productivity and efficiency
- Maximising potential
You will be an integral part of the site team, working in partnership with the operational set up on site, ensuring the project is delivered on time and within budget.
As a Senior Surveyor you will be site based, supported by a visiting MQS, with line management responsibility for the commercial team on site.
Our unparalleled commitment to delivering the highest levels of customer satisfaction are reflected in our three stage customer survey process which sees us surveying customers at the pre-construction, practical completion and post completion aftercare phase, while our flexible, collaborative approach means that we can make your project happen where others construction companies say it can’t be done. You will be an integral part of the site team, working in partnership with the operational set up on site, ensuring the project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Maximise profit and cash through effective management of change, risk and opportunity, effective procurement strategy and effective supply chain selection and management.
- Monitor design solutions and conduct value engineering ensuring compliance and optimum commercial result.
- Ensure the production of timely, consistent, reliable and accurate reports and forecasts in line with project, divisional and Group reporting cycles and procedures.
- Deliver commercial management and administration best practice – notices, instructions, variations and project related record keeping, Midas procedures and all other contractual and legal requirements to protect the company’s interests.
- Exhibit a strong customer focus delivering industry leading customer experiences whilst achieving commercial objectives and project success.
- With the project team, proactively manage the supply chain in accordance with programme ensuring accuracy of applications, payments issued in accordance with the sub-contract, agreed quality standards are met and maintaining necessary records and measurements to ensure accurate final accounts.
- Implement and monitor controls on all commercial aspects of the project
- Identify project risks and implement effective management strategy to minimise or transfer risks and maximise opportunity.
- Successful delivery against project KPIs (CCS,H&S, CSAT etc)
- Ensure all actions and activities achieve industry leading performance and customer service
- Promoting high performance, health & safety and quality standards across site
- Proactive resolution of issues and escalation where appropriate
- Effective and regular communication with supply chain, colleagues, client and community
- Management of direct reports
- Effective planning and organisation
- Decision making
- Honesty and integrity
Qualifications & Experience
- HNC / BSc or equivalent in Quantity Surveying
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the principle forms of construction contract and primary current construction legal principles and dispute resolution practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of key operational procedures
- Demonstrable experience of leading the successful commercial delivery on a variety of projects
- Demonstrable experience of leading residential projects
- High computer literacy with Windows packages and industry related software
- Competitive basic salary
- Company vehicle or allowance
- 25 days holiday per annum (This increases by one day for every two years worked up to a maximum of an additional five days. You also have the ability to buy/sell up to five days per annum)
- Private medical healthcare (AXA)
- Pension (5% matched)
- Life assurance (3 x annual salary)
Midas Group Ltd is committed to equality of opportunity for all, and to removing barrier to equal opportunity. Midas Group Ltd fully recognises and accepts its responsibility to ensure that there is no discrimination on the grounds of a persons gender, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion and belief, age, disability or sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity.
All individuals will be treated solely on their merits as employees or applicants for employment.
Closing date: 26/09/2021